- Jul 30 2022
- 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
home protection measures seminar
Seminar for Members Only
East Petersburg Sportsman’s Association Education Committee
The Education Committee is announcing a Home Protective Measures seminar on Saturday, July 30th from 8:00AM–12:00PM at the Clubhouse. This classroom program is presented by Michael Payne, a US Army Special Forces Operator and Instructor. Michael is also one of our club members.
Home defense involves attaining an awareness of the threats, your home’s vulnerability to those threats, and undertaking preparations that can result in the avoidance (or lessen the impact) of undesirable events. Effects from weapons are discussed, but their active use in home defense is outside the scope of this seminar.
The emphasis of this class is on safety/security-related protective measures to aid in protecting a residence for an individual and/or family consisting of:
- Assessing and selecting a defensive approach
- Planning and preparation for high impact events
- Considerations and conditions of an event’s aftermath
- Developing and monitoring your residential risk profile
Subject areas being discussed include:
- “5” Phases of Defense
- Violent and Property Crime Data
- Setting Performance-based Priorities
- Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design
There is no fee, but donations to the club are appreciated. The class is open to all members and non-members over the age of 18 and couples sharing a residence are encouraged to attend. Attendance is limited to the first 30 people registered.
To register, please contact Frank Ribaudo at [email protected] by 7/25/22.