The EPSA Board has adopted new range rules that are specific for each firing range. While some items are similar, others address the unique characteristics of each range.
Changes for All Ranges
- Printing the date, shooter’s name, caliber of firearm, time in and time out is now required for all shooters, including guests.
- The guest should include “Guest of” and print the member’s name.
- Penalties for failing to sign in are
- First Offense – Warning
- Second Offense – Board will recommend to the membership the offending individual’s membership be suspended for six months.
- Third Offense – Board will recommend to the membership the offending individual’s membership be terminated.
- The ranges open on Sundays at 12:00 pm.Changes for the 15 Yard Range
- With the exception of air rifles, only hand guns may be fired on this range. This includes all hand guns including firearms such as the Taurus Judge.
- Except for air rifles, the firing of rifles and shotguns on this range is prohibited. Changes for the 25/50 Yard Ranges
- Shotguns may be patterned on the left lane of the 25 yard range where there is a backstop available for patterning. Only shot ammunition may be used on this lane.
- Use of shotguns at all other lanes is limited to sighting with rifled slugs.
- Shooting from behind the 25/50 yard firing line is prohibited.
- If no one is shooting from the 25/50 yard firing line, shooting in front of the firing line is permitted on the 25 yard range.
- Unless firing within 15 years of the backstop, the firing of hand guns with barrel length of less than four inches is prohibited.
All members are encouraged to become familiar with the range rules in order to insure safe range operations.